Health & Safety Advisor (Newark, Fulltime)
Daloon Foods UK Ltd., 02 October 2019
To ensure the site meets the legal and regulatory requirements as well as customer and industry standards in Health and Safety and the provision of high quality advice/guidance on company policy relating to health and safety matters.
- To ensure appropriate risk assessments are conducted and actions are completed.
- To participate in and support investigations to facilitate closure of identified non-conformances and to follow up on all non-conformances.
- To facilitate implementation of corrective actions and preventative actions where required.
- Maintain the site’s Health & Safety Policy.
- To carry out regular inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- To maintain records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- To provide Health & Safety support to all site functions.
- To understand and share relevant technical requirements for Health & Safety across site.
- To support training and coaching across the facility to drive a positive safety culture.
- To identify and implement Health & Safety improvements across site actively working alongside operational colleagues
- To coordinate Health & Safety programs and processes across site.
- To be an active member of the site safety committees.
- To administer and track all Health & Safety data and statistics across site.
- To produce weekly and monthly reports.
- To keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health & Safety Executive (HSE) legislation.
- Full awareness of UK Health & Safety laws and regulations.
- Skills to prepare and deliver H&S-related training sessions.
- Professional, assertive and engaging.
- Strong influencing skills/ strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide practical risk control solutions.
- Administration skills / report writing / letter writing / data compilation and analysis.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure & prioritise tasks.
- Self-motivated and committed.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving department.
- Good time management skills.
- Honest and approachable.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Integrity and impartiality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a SHE/HSE role within manufacturing.
- The ability to work independently as a site H&S lead.
- A holder of the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health qualification or otherwise the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health, or be working towards achieving.
- Adapatable with excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Passion about Health and Safety and the ability to influence peers.
- Flexibility to work unsociable days and hours when needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Annual salary between £25,000 – £32,000 depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Notice period; 3 months.