Operations Manager (Newark, Fulltime)
Daloon Foods UK Ltd., 04 November 2019
We’re looking for an experienced and accomplished senior FMCG operational manager to lead the Operations business unit at our Newark site. This is a demanding role which must focus on production and maintenance in driving the site forward with efficiency and maximizing output alongside defining and delivering the UK operational strategy. We are looking for proven ability to lead, manage, and motivate during periods of change and disruption and be able to foster a culture of excellence.
You must have an ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and verbally with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Leads, sets and deploys operational priorities for the site. Leads strategic and tactical operations/quality management deliverables to ensure customer and product/quality standards requirements are met within specifications.
- Champions and leverages technology innovation by developing strategic operational plans and by coordinating execution. Partners with the senior management team and Technical /Engineering departments to identify emerging trends and translate into long-medium term operational goals.
- Implement Continuous improvement approach to operational practices.
- Responsible for overseeing the overall operational management. Implements operational efficiency improvements which may include, but are not limited to, standardisation of site information manufacturing systems, quality control, safety, production reliability excellence and maintenance, GMP, etc.
- Responsible for aligning overall team resources, with direct coordination/support from Production Manager/Production Supervisors, to execute against medium-long term strategies and for meeting medium-term outlook strategic operations goals in accordance with Business/site objectives.
- Leads, directs and controls capital and operating budgets to achieve medium-term outlook financial performance objectives set by the business. Ensures and holds direct reports accountable for meeting and controlling operating expenses and established targets.
- Manages manufacturing P&L budgets/metrics and understands how production expenditure/costs impacts businesses margins and pricing. Forecasts overall volume of orders and inventory turns/costs.
- Leads employee and food safety program standards and goals for the site. Accountable for all internal/external operating/regulatory procedures on employee safety and food safety including strategic and tactical execution in alignment with Corporate Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) Functions as well as government regulations.
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Calm under pressure and able to react quickly to changing demands
- Confident in promoting a right first time, quality and safety led culture
- Strong leader
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to manage upwards at Board level
- Strong safety leadership and continuous improvement
- Expertise of applying lean principles and engaging others
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision-making skills with the proven ability to manage complex situations
- Able to demonstrate delivery of operational improvements in previous roles
- Cross functional operations experience is key e.g. Production, Supply Chain, Technical etc.