Production Shift Manager (Newark, Full time)
United Kingdom, 09 October 2019
The successful Production Shift Manager will be responsible for the management of the production activities including KPIs ensuring high standards of quality are achieved. You will have experience within a fast paced FMCG manufacturing environment, possess strong leadership skills and be able to demonstrate your experience of managing and achieving KPIs and continuous improvement on a day to day basis.
- Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s),
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times and ensuring that work instructions are updated and available for all positions.
- Processes are run in accordance with site procedures. Investigate all accidents and ensure the risk assessment plan is up to date.
- Lead / drive standards of quality, food safety and hygiene ensuring house keeping audits, food safety checks, and product quality checks are conducted according to policies.
- Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Check and enforce personnel hygiene & safety e.g. protective clothing (uniform), shoe change & hand wash.
- Daily review of achievement of KPI targets and report CSB variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
- Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate seamless hand overs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management.
- Ongoing coaching of team leaders & operators to fulfill and exceed the requirements of the job.
- Develop, coach, train and recruit members to the required level of competence including performance improvement through use of KPIs
- Manage team performance including company appraisals, disciplinary & grievance procedures.
- Encourage continuous improvement within the business
- Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements to ensure that short / long term agreed targets are met.
- Manage the communication process within the team to ensure ongoing smooth operations of factory through effective employee management.
- Ensure the competencies of his/her team as per the agreed plan with Production Manager. Enforce strict compliance to standard operating procedures by all personnel within the team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Maths and English GCSE above the grade C
- Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as required
- Willing to work in a factory where ambient conditions may be extremely cold
- Annual salary between £28,000 – £30,000 depending on experience plus shift premium
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Notice period; 3 months.
Please submit your CV and covering letter by Friday 18th October 2019