Technical Manager (Newark, Full time)
United Kingdom, 12 November 2019
To ensure the site meets the legal and regulatory requirements as well as customer and industry standards in Food Safety and Quality Management, and to ensure audit-ready standards every day.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead food safety expertise across our Newark site, proactively managing standards and improvements in the site food safety culture.
- To devise and review the technical strategy of Good Life Foods UK to include the implementation of new systems where appropriate.
- Balancing the technical needs with the efficiency required on the production line to ensure Good Life Foods UK is best in class on Quality and Technical areas.
- To build strong partnership-based relationships with retailer technical teams, taking a proactive approach rather than reacting to retailer demands.
- Leadership, development and line management of the Good Life Foods UK Technical Team.
- Maintain and develop Good Life Foods UK site accreditations, Quality Policy and GMP
- To engage key company stakeholders both in the UK and group-wide to achieve and maintain excellent factory standards to obtain the best possible audit results.
- Responsibility for development and delivery of UK technical strategy via internal and external stakeholder management.
- Monitor UK and European legislation changes, ensuring absolute compliance of policies, standards and controls.
- Provide accurate, up to date and timely customer information e.g. Specifications and PDi’s in current formats.
- Determine and maintain manufacturing hygiene standards.
- Take a leading role in customer site visits as required.
- Degree qualified in Microbiology, Food Science, Food Technology or a closely related discipline.
- Competent in BRC and MMS.
- HACCP Qualified.
- Strong knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and Food Safety compliance.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of food safety legislation and its requirements to ensure full compliance.
- Experience in auditing hygiene and operational facilities.
- Experience of interpreting microbiological results and required actions.
- Experience of cooking and cooling and the relevant food safety risks and required control.
- Good customer and industry networker.
- Strong management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to blend strategic thinking with operational / commercial / engineering delivery.
- Good communicator ability to interact with other teams/functions.
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a sometimes pressurised environment.
- A passion for product quality.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Full time
- Salary £55,000 – £60,000 DOE
- 25 days annual leave
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES